Friday, January 11, 2008

Yo yo yo!

Hi girls...

I thought it may be better not to clog everyone's inboxes with wedding sh*# every week, so I thought I would do a blog. Let me know what you think. I thought this would be the easiest way to communicate ideas/plans/dates, etc. and to solicit MUCH NEEDED ADVICE!!

For example...
Re: Rental Cars in March: Are we cool getting a full size car? is that enough room to get 6 girls + luggage home from the airport?? the website says the car fits 5-6 people (we'll be fine on the way back in two waves) If so, the rental rate with Avis/Costco discount is $24 per person...not bad. Plus when Elaine arrives Friday evening, we'll have 2 cars for a couple of days...

and Updates: we booked the venue on Tuesday! it's done. We're meeting with the photographer on Sunday. My mom and I have been dress shopping! It was crazy...so many bad dresses out there! And how am I ever going to get my shoulders to look elegant in ANYTHING! The winning style right now is: http://www.priscillaofboston.com/dress_return.jsp?search=piper

If any of you guys have ideas on how to save $$ on Flowers, or have good ideas, let me know. I think we are narrowing in on a band, and I have a cake lady.

Oh and GET READY for a bridal luncheon hosted by my aunts the day of the wedding!! no idea what they have in store...but that is something we will have to work out! :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Yay, Gwynna! It sounds like you are totally on top of things. The dress is gorgeous! Thoughts on the car - I think one full-size should be fine. Do we even need much luggage anyway? I can cram. ;-)

About the flowers...tricky. We got a family friend. She did (and you may be able to find someone out there who also does) rent-a-arrangement. They were beautiful fresh flowers that we got to keep, we just had to return all of the vases, etc. at the end of the night. It REALLY kept costs down. Also, I found in my process that the most important thing was to first know what flowers are in season around your date and go from there with color, etc. I kept wanting varieties that weren't in season and would have been wildly expensive. Otherwise, we toyed with the idea of doing our own very simple and kind of wildflower/natural arrangements in chunky vases and or, floating blossoms in shallow dish/bowls. If you have a farmer's market near you (as we did) that could be a good option and I would be happy to work on the arrangements early that morning.

Sorry to just be replying now. My school blocks this website so I can't access it at school and I've been falling asleep at like 8 lately.

Otherwise, need anything? I LOVE the bathrobe pic! ;-)

kate